- We suggest using no more than one server for each country. Of course exceptions to this rule can be discussed.
- Country should have more than 10 repeaters or country is far away from current Master
- You have to be ready to have at least 2 TB of traffic every month (~ 5 Mbit/sec average on most cold server)
What is BrandMeister
The BrandMeister solution consists of 3 main parts:
- Realtime frontend: BrandMeister DMR Server
- Supplementary and REST API frontend: Apache + PHP
- Middleware and backend: Tarantool, Mosquitto, D-BUS IPC
BrandMeister does all the work of switching DMR calls and communication with repeaters or other servers as well as running specific DMR applications like ARS, RRS, LRRP, IP transport, Parrot, etc. Currently we use a centralised solution based on Python to make data distribution. It processes events received from MQTT and writes data to the master database which have to be replicated to local databases of each master server.
The recommended server specifications are:
- 2 vCPU
- 4GB ~ 8GB memory
- 10GB ~ 20GB disk space
- Static Public IPv4 address assigned to the machine directly (no nat)
- Minimal 100mbit up and down
- at least 2TB of traffic per month
Installation and Configuration
- Prepare a server: this solution requires a publicly available server based on Debian x64 version 10.x with public static IP. You can use a VM based on vmWare or KVM. Please do not use OpenVZ or VirtualBox.
- Configure the necessary iptables. We deploy the initial configuration of BrandMeister for you. Please do not install any package listed in previous sections.
- You will need some time to learn the paradigm of the system as well as how to manage and program the configuration. We will support you.
We strongly recommend that you delegate the responsibility of server deployment to our team. The server will always be under your full control, but we should have access to update and make fixes to the system.
Please send your questions and requests to our Facebook Group or directly to Rudy (PD0ZRY) or me.
73 de R3ABM